Thursday, September 3, 2009

Why am I doing this?

"You have the time," said my lovely one. "This is a vacation."

An unorthodox way of living, at times seems inappropriate. You live, learn, and teach yourself. Perhaps the impossible is possible.

In the world today, in America, people have lost a lot of hope. Their jobs, their homes, have been taken away. But it is not the end. It is the beginning.

On Friday, my cushy job with an Italian restaurant group ended. And over the weekend, I decided to do this cross-country trip. My lovely one, though she was not excited about the sudden change, couldn't find a reason to object.

Life's journey is not measured by what you accomplish. Success is not material wealth. Success is not measured by what you have done in life. Rather, success is a word with no value or worth.

I ride for those who have lost hope
I ride for those who have given up. I ride for kids with cancer. I ride for the children whose parents are addicted to drugs, or incarcerated. I ride for the kids with no parents, no friends. I ride for the love of humanity--a love without fear. I ride with a love strong enough to connect people together.

As a chef, I have worked for 10-14 hours a day. I am looking at this trip in sort of the same way... in shifts. We will see.

The mind is capable of the impossible (which to me, is possible).

Take this journey with me. You, wherever you are, will motivate me. You and I can finish and begin anew.

No comments:

Post a Comment